Villas and Gardens in Lombardy
A Passion for Beauty
- A Villa in the City: Villa Necchi Campiglio
- Villa Litta and "les jeaux d'eaux"
- Take a Drink in the Royal Villa of Monza
- Garden Villas along the Lake: Villa Melzi and Villa Carlotta
- American Contemporary Art in a Neoclassic Villa
4 DAYS/3 NIGHTS
Milano, Monza Brianza, Lake Como
Milano and surroundings
Start your tour with a guided visit of a treasure of architecture and art in the heart of Milan. The Villa Necchi Campiglio was built the 30s of the last century by Piero Portaluppi for the familiy Necchi, the typical lombard industrial middle-class, whose wealth was based on hard-working and innovation like the invention of Necchi sewing machine. The Villa is part of FAI (Italian National Trust) and opened for visit as a house-museum. You are in one of the most charming area of the city. So go on walking until the fashion-Quadrilatero adn Brera district among galleries and famous "griffe" shops.
Meals included: none
Villas of Delight and Royal Palace
Transfer in the surroudings of Milan for a visit to the breathtaking Villa Litta. It is a surprising villa of delight, an architecture style developed from the XVI century for the summer holidays of the noble Milanese families. In Villa Litta you find art, history, mosaics, statues, frescoes, gardens, fountains and water games. Quoting Stendhal "..be careful while walking alone around...the garden is full of water spirts made to wet the visitors...". Transfer to Monza and its magnificent walled Park where you will visit the Royal Villa. Recently restored, this villa looks like a petit Versailles, once owned by Savoia, the former Italian Royal Family. Surrounding by english gardens and beautiful rose garden it invites to stay and relax, walking and sunbathing and finishing the day with a drink in a royal villa.
Meals included: Breakfast, Aperitif
Transfer to Bellagio, the famous village of Lake Como for a guided visit of Villa Melzi's Gardens, beloved by the composer F. Listz, who often sought refugee here. In the extraordinary park facing the lake there are ancient trees, exotic species, flowering camellias, rhododendrons and azaleas, cedars of Lebanon, ginkgo bilobas and...sculptures. Stop for a tasting wines experience with local cheese and salami before taking the ferry until the other side of the lake, just in front of Villa Carlotta. Built between XVII and XVIII century, it was bought by Marianne de Nassau as a weeding present for her daughter Carlotta. The villa-museum houses masterpieces by Canova and Hayez. The Italian gardens with the spectaculat staircase , fountains and tunnel of citrus are amazing. The fertile land help flowering different species and worth a visit in every season.
Meals included: Breakfast, Wine tasting with cheese, salami and appetizers.
Day 4. Varese
Transfer to Varese, once known as the "town of delight" rising on 7 hills and surrounded by 7 lakes. On the top of the hill Biumo stays the neoclassical Villa Panza housing pieces of one of the most important collection of American Contemporary Art made of paintings and site specific installation (FAI property). Guided visit. End of our services.
Meals included: Breakfast
Ask for price by sending us the following information
- Travelling Dates
- Type and number of travellers (small, big group, FIT)
- Type/level of accommodation required
- Any other info useful to customize your clients tour
How to customize your clients tour
- Choose the level and type of accomodation: from 3 stars up to luxury level hotels, country houses, farms or apartments
- Modify number and type of meals included and send us special meals requirements
- Ask for change according to type of your group: amateurs, professionals
- Send info about clients with special needs
- Adding visit and experiences (such visit more or different villas-gardens, adding meals, places of visit such as museum, castles, etc.)
The above tour will include
- Accomodation for 3 nights in Milan
- Visit to 6 different villas and gardens
- Tasting experiences
- Entrance fees
- Excursion and transfer as for the itinerary
- Private guides